Sunday, February 6, 2011

Worst. Book title. Ever.

Okay. I haven't read this book, I don't know what it's about, and I really, really, really don't care to read it based on the title:
The Truth-Teller's Lie
Ahh. I swear, no book title has ever been more insipidly bland and completely formulaic-without-revealing-anything-about-the-book! Seriously? Say this one out loud a few times. Does it mean anything? Is it referencing anything? It doesn't even sound right, it sounds completely idiotic.

To make matters worse... it was once published under a different title. "Hurting Distance" isn't the greatest book title ever, but it's 10x10^100 times better than, well... "The Truth-Teller's Lie".

I think I need to go dunk my head in a bucket of ice-cold water...

5 comments:

  1. I agreed with you. "Truth-teller's lie" Ewww.. Is this anything to do with Sophie Hannah's Hurting Distance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely get this. I feel the same way about Kapitoil, and even though it is shortlisted for the 2011 Tournament of Books which I love, I cannot bring myself to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That title is pretty bad. I hate titles like "The Peculiar Sadness of Lemon Cake." Why, why, why??

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!! That is one horrible title. I wonder if it was the author's idea or the publisher's. No doubt they wanted to bring some intrigue to the title...

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to an increase in spam. Sorry!